The best sport for schools is…European handball.
I’m guessing that only 10% [at best] of you even know anything about this sport, so let me grab your attention with these little gems.
- Players are not permitted to hit, pull or punch the ball – this is a non contact sport.
- Players cannot try to dislodge the ball from another player – see above.
- They also cannot use the ball to try to endanger their opponent – this is safe and fun.
- EVERY player has a chance to score a goal – and what child doesn’t like scoring a goal.
- Also, what parent doesn’t enjoy seeing their child score a goal.
Some sports, like basketball, have a very high learning curve. To move down the court a player has to master the art of dribbling the ball [bouncing it off the floor] and then try to score a goal by hurling the ball through the hoop – not an easy task. European handball on the other hand is the easiest of sports to learn. Your child can obviously walk and run and throw and catch a ball. That’s all there is to it.
Basic Rules of Team Handball
The rules of Team Handball are straightforward. The sport consists of two teams that each have seven players – one goalkeeper and six court players per team. The players have to throw the designated ball past the goalkeeper in hopes of it going into their opponent’s goal.
So, there it is. Kids having fun and not getting hurt.
My pleasure. Enjoy yourselves.